Governor’s Budget Proposal – January 22, 2013
Governor Mark Dayton’s proposed FY 2014-15 budget calls for an additional $640+ million for Minnesota students. This includes:
- $118 million in School Funding
- $240 million for Higher Education
- $125 million for Special Education
- $44 million for Early Childhood Education Scholarships
- $40 million for All Day Kindergarten
- $10 million for Teacher Evaluation
- $8.9 million for English Language Learning
- $4.5 million for Regional Centers of Excellence
For more details, view presentation from the Office of Management and Budget.
From Minnesota Budget Project, an analysis of Governor Dayton’s education budget proposals.
House spending targets – March 2013
Senate spending targets – March 2013
What does Minnesota spend money on? (graphic)