2011 Omnibus Bill Comparisons
- Teacher and Assessment Provisions – Provisions related to teacher evaluation and student assessment.
- 2011 Education Finance Omnibus Bill Comparison – Side-by-side comparison of the House and Senate 2011 Education Finance Omnibus Bills prepared by Parents United.
E-12 Education Finance Update – Provides an overview of education funding trends with 2011 legislative impacts, Minnesota Department of Education, August 2011.
Omnibus Education Funding and Policy Bill Review – Summary and major provisions of the bill, Senate DFL Research.
Resources from the Minnesota School Boards Association:
The Minnesota Legislature passed the Omnibus K-12 Education Bill (HF 26) during the Special Session Wednesday, July 20. The K-12 Education Bill and other budget bills were signed by Gov. Dayton later that same day, thus ending the 20-day state government shutdown. Please see related links below. Click here for the July 21 editon of MSBA’s Capitol Compass to view key provisions of the bill.
- Minnesota House Research: School District Collective Bargaining (August 16, 2011)
- Minnesota House Research: Election Crimes and Civil Penalties in Minnesota (August 16, 2011)
- Minnesota House Research: Minnesota’s Charter School Law (August 16, 2011)
- 2011 MSBA Law Summaries (August 11, 2011)
- From the Office of Minnesota Management and Budget: Minnesota Revenue and Expenditure Charts (August 9, 2011)
- Education committees chairs’ letter to Commissioner Cassellius (August 5, 2011)
- Finance Director Tom Melcher’s presentation at MASBO Conference (July 27, 2011)
- Minnesota Department of Education summary of Omnibus K-12 Education Bill
- Projected revenues for school districts resulting from the Omnibus K-12 Education Bill
- Summary of Omnibus K-12 Education Bill (HF 26)
- Spreadsheet for Omnibus K-12 Education Bill
- Complete text of Omnibus K-12 Education Bill
- Summary of Omnibus Tax Bill (HF 20)
- Complete text of Omnibus Tax Bill
- Links to all Special Session budget bills
District Impacts Released by the MDE
- District Revenue FY 2003 – FY 2013 End-of-Session 2011 (Excel), August 5, 2011
- Revenues Under the K-12 Education Act (Excel), July 27, 2011
- Summary of 2011 Omnibus E-12 Education Act [DRAFT], Minnesota Department of Education, July 27, 2011.
- E-12 Education Funding Update (Power Point) – Tom Melcher presentation at the MN Association of School Business Officers (MASBO) Legislative Conference – Provides information on Governor and Legislative E-12 Funding Positions, E-12 Education Funding Changes, Cash Flow / Shifts, School Revenue Impact, Uses of Revenue, Other Related Changes and Levy timelines, Minnesota Department of Education (PDF file), July 27, 2011.
Resources provided by Parents United during the Session:
- 2011 Special Collections – Articles and resources around education and education funding within the context of the structural imbalance of the state budget.