At the Capitol past
_“Parents who want to influence these decisions need to have an understanding about how schools are funded, governed and how the legislative process works.”
_ —John Beckstrom, co-chair of Citizens United for Public Schools 831 (Forest Lake)
Bills signed into law this session:
- HF2244 (School Trust Lands) Permanent School Fund Advisory Committee changed into a legislative commission, and director provided for school trust lands.
- SF946 School district pilot project established to examine joint operations to provide innovative delivery of programs and activities and share resources.
- SF1917 School district prone restraint usage extension and data collection and reporting requirements
- HF2506 CPR training and staff development elimination
- SF1073 Strongly encourages school districts to assist students to develop transition plans into postsecondary education or career; also strongly encourages school districts to have an adequate student-to-counselor ratio beginning in the 2015-16 school year.
- HF2078 Nonpublic pupil textbook aid use expansion
- HF1524 Substitute principals continuing education requirements clarification
- HF2376 School food service fund equipment purchase approval process simplified
- HF392 School bus crossing control arm requirement
- HF300 Student school entrance comprehensive eye examinations parental recommendation requirement
- HF1770 Teacher candidates required to pass basic skills exam
- SF1213 Adult education performance tracking system modifications
- HF1585 Interscholastic conference membership state high school league arrangement requirement exception authorization
Bills vetoed this session:
- HF1870 “last in, first out” Conference committee report • Veto letter
- HF1974 Conference committee report Contract terms continuance not allowed after expiration of a collective bargaining agreement. • Veto letter
- SF2183 Prohibiting the Commissioner of Education from enforcing unadopted rules • Veto letter
- HF1766 Related to the deduction of union dues from Child Care Assistance Program payments • Veto letter
- HF2083 Omnibus education finance appropriations Using state reserves to accelerate school shift payback • Veto letter