exercise improves learning
Funny thing. Research now shows that if children are given time, as my grandmother would say, "to get their yucks out," they learn better. Huh. Movement integrated throughout the school day actually improves classroom behavior and student achievement. Hear more from MPR News and KERA News about how recess and play can change classrooms for the better!
At the Capitol
February Update: Preparing for the Onslaught! The March 8th start of Session is fast approaching, and lots of preliminary hearings are taking place. Topics of interest of late include: ESSA; early childhood; the integration of education, healthcare and housing; advice from teachers-of-the-year; k-12 alignment with higher ed; implementation of World's Best Workforce, and more. Read All About It...
- Two Legislative Kick-offs: Metro and St. Cloud!
- Update on federal Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA)
- Early Learning Scholarships Evaluated
- March 1 Caucuses are a chance to weigh in
Legislative Kickoffs in St. Paul and St. Cloud
Attendees will leave with a better understanding of the political landscape of Minnesota's education policy making. We will translate the process, foreshadow trends and make the arena of law-making accessible.
Please register for these free events so that we know how much coffee to make!
Parents United Updates
- Oklahoma’s Preschools are Some of the Best in the Nation February 2, 2016
- Fight over education funding expected in upcoming legislative session January 29, 2016
- ‘Muslim in Minnesota’ panel calls for conversation January 29, 2016
- U.S. Education Department threatens to sanction states over test opt-outs January 28, 2016
- Superintendent Searches Continue January 27, 2016