get ready to vote!
School Board Members make important decisions in your districts! Take these steps:
Look to League of Women Voters; the gold standard for nonpartisan, credible information. →Check out your upcoming ballot→Find your local LWV Candidate Forum →In Minneapolis, read about your candidates
- 1) Register to vote.
- 2) Get to know your candidates.
- 3) VOTE! You make a difference.
Success in education is not a simple prescription. Part of what drives success in Minnesota's schools has been the flexibility of individual school districts to do what they think is best for their students.
Read what this Columbia Heights elementary school is doing to get measurable results.
Great schools begin at the ballot box
Even easier! You can register at the polls on election day. Most polls are open 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
WHERE DO I GO? Depends on where you live. Find out where you go on election day HERE!
MOVED? Make sure you are still registered HERE!
WHAT DO I NEED? 1) a MN-issued photo I.D. or 2) any photo I.D. plus a document (paper or electronic) with your name/address, or 3) a registered voter who will come with you to confirm your identity. MORE OPTIONS!
MORE INFO? PDF (Hmong/Somali/Spanish). To help friends, family or neighbors get registered: WATCH THIS!
Parents United Updates
- Feds Warn Schools On Bullying Of Kids With Disabilities October 21, 2014
- Event reveals disconnect between diversity goals and Minnesota’s teaching license policy October 14, 2014
- What It Takes to Unite Teachers Unions and Communities of Color: Overcoming years of tensions and divisions, parents and teachers are linking arms to save public schools October 13, 2014
- How to spot a fake ‘grassroots’ education reform group October 12, 2014