Legislative Wrap-Up 2015
At the Capitol: Update for May 29, 2015
While We're Waiting...
Governor Dayton, Majority Leader Bakk and Speaker Daudt have been meeting behind closed doors to work out their differences. Rumblings suggest they are getting closer, and that the Governor could call the special session any minute. Here is a list of things to do while we wait:
- Call legislators and the Governor and let them know what you think about targets and priorities. Get your friends around Minnesota to call as well.
- Complete this short survey for Parents United.
- Support this work and ensure that we can be there to be your eyes and ears.
- Check out these articles that are Worth A Second Look:
Meanwhile, we'll keep our ear to the ground and let you know as soon as we know more about the final outcomes of the 2015 Session.
Your team at the Capitol,
- Ann, Heidi, Shawna and Mary
Parents United Updates
- Special session should mark the beginning of the end for Minnesota’s achievement gap May 28, 2015
- Four things you need to know about Minnesota’s special session May 28, 2015
- Early learning experts called in by GOP, Dayton for pre-K discussions May 28, 2015
- The Secret Group That Wants to Take Over Your School May 27, 2015